AVOID SEX PLEASE
Sex is Dangerous especially if you are Single. Avoid Sex. It is Demonic. It is Unholy, ungodly and Evil. Sex was meant for Married Couples. Beware, lest you contact STDs, HIV/AIDs etc.
- Find out what pleases the Lord . This is a
command straight out of Ephesians 5:10, and
is part of what it means to live a life worthy
of our calling as Christians, and part of what
it means to live a life of love, just as Christ
- Find out what God’s will for your life is. 1
Thessalonians 4:3-5 says, “It is God’s will that
you should be sanctified: that you should avoid
sexual immorality; that each of you should learn
to control his own body in a way that is holy and
honorable, not in passionate lust like the
heathen, who do not know God;” It doesn’t get
much clearer than that!
- The battle begins in the mind. You need to
know what God says about sex and trust
what God says about sex. You need to be
careful what you fill your minds with.
Imagination is often the hot-bed where sin is
hatched. Martin Luther once said about
sexual desires, “You can’t stop birds from
flying over your head, but you can stop them
from making nests in your hair.”
- Pray (It is a spiritual battle too). Depend on
God, on the power of His Holy Spirit to
strengthen you in this battle. (Matthew 6:13;
2 Timothy 2:22; James 5:16)
- Don’t put yourself in situations where you
will be easily tempted. There is little point
praying that God would not lead you into
temptation, then walking straight into a
- Remember God is watching. You are never
completely out of sight. Someone can always
see you. Ya! You can’t hide. Be truthful to yourself! Flee!
- Wield the axe. Jesus says in Matthew 5, if
your eye or hand causes you to sin, gouge
them out and throw them away, because
eternal life is at stake. So if the internet,
magazines, TV, Pornography or peer groups are causing
you to sin; wield the axe. Chop away those
things that tempt you.
- Talk about sex (accountability) . You can’t
fight this alone. You need God’s help and you
need help from God’s people too. Don’t always talk about sex wrongly, you may be sexually arouse!
- You are not alone. It can be helpful to know
you are not the only person who has ever
been tempted this way. “No temptation has
seized you except what is common to man” (1
- You CAN resist, Ya. “God is faithful; He will not let
you be tempted beyond what you can bear” (1
- Know that God provides a way out. “But when
you are tempted, he will also provide a way out
so that you can stand up under it” (1
- Count yourself dead to sin and alive to God.
Christians are people who have died to sin
(knowing that sin leads to death), and now
live for God and righteousness, knowing that
this leads to eternal life (Romans 6:11-14).
- Remember the cross. Jesus died for our sins,
including our sexual sins.
- Remember Jesus is coming back. We will all
have to give an account for our lives, even
our sex life.
- Memorise Scripture. When Jesus was
tempted in the desert, he fired Scripture back
at the devil (Matthew 4:1-11). Having God’s
Word in the forefront of your mind can help
- Weariness and sadness often leads to sin.
Learn to know yourself. Know when you are
weak and susceptible to temptation.
- Struggling is a good sign. Keep fighting and
don’t give in.
- Be careful what you wear. Modesty is good
for you and good for others too.
- Forgiveness is available. If you sin sexually
you can still be forgiven, such is the power of
the cross of Christ. So repent, turn back to
God and live for Him.